Tuesday, February 3, 2009

life is a state of mind



in honor of the release of the special edition of being there here are some words of wisdom:

"I have no use for those on welfare, no patience whatsoever, but if I am to be honest with myself, I must admit that they have no use for me either."
"I do not regret having political differences with men that I respect. I do regret however, that our philosophies kept us apart."
"I could never conceive why I could never convince my kitchen staff that I looked forward to a good bowl of chili now and then."
"I have heard the word "sir," more often than I have heard the word "friend," but I suppose there are other rewards for wealth."
"I have met with kings; during these conferences I have suppressed bizarre thoughts. Could I beat him in a foot race? Could I throw a ball farther than he?"
"No matter what our facades, we are all children."
"To raise your rifle is to lower your sights."
"No matter what you are told there is no such thing as an even trade."
"I was born into a position of extreme wealth, but I have spent many sleepless nights thinking about extreme poverty."
"I have lived a lot, trembled a lot, was surrounded by little men who forgot that we entered naked and exit naked and that no accountant can audit life in our favor."
"When I was a boy, I was told that the Lord fashioned us from His own image, that's when I decided to manufacture mirrors."
"Security. Tranquility. A Well Deserved Rest. All the aims I have pursued will soon be realized."
"Life is a state of mind."

No comments: