Thursday, October 2, 2008

we did it!

ok so Biden's answer is funny in that he just loves that part where they're running on the beach, but it's nothing compared to the fact that Palin's most favoritest part of Hoosiers is when they win and then that bit in Rudy when they finally let him on the field. beyond the fact that i sincerely hope this prompts a series of great rudy comparisons i'm simply left thinking: really? the ending of the happy ending movie is your favorite part ("the victories! yeah!")? for me, thats sort of like saying you love chocolate and then saying your favorite part of eating chocolate is when it tastes chocolatey. yeah, that's my favorite part too.

COURIC: What's your favorite movie and why?

BIDEN: Chariots of Fire, is I think probably my favorite movie. But the truth of the matter is the thing about it there it's a place where someone put personal fame and glory behind principles. And you know, that to me, is the mark of real heroism, um when someone would do that.

COURIC: Do you remember your favorite scene from that movie?

BIDEN: I think the favorite scene is when he is making the decision and talking to his about do I do this? What do I do? He so desperately wanted to run, but concluded he couldn't.

BIDEN: It was that, you know, that moment of decision, I think that was my favorite scene. I also like the scene on the beach where you know he's just running

PALIN: I love those old sports movies, like Hoosiers, and Rudy, um, those that show that the underdog can make it and it's all about tenacity, and work ethic and determination, and just doing the right thing, so it would probably be one of those two old sports movies.

COURIC: Do you have a favorite scene from either of them?

PALIN: At the very end, the victories! Yeah! Rudy, where he gets to run out on the field and he gets to participate and make a difference. And then in Hoosiers, when they win.

tonight:


VS.

No comments: